Why should a scrapbooker take time to art journal? by Christy Riopel
I was recently asked this question and the answer is simple. An art journal is a place to make mistakes, experiment with mediums, looks, and just play. Very often I take ideas I have developed in my art journal and turn them into Scrapbook pages. I took the above page and turned it into this layout.
How I did it….
1. To create this fun frame I first placed a scrap of paper in the middle of where I wanted my frame.
2. Next I took paint and sponged it along the edges sporadically.
3. When done sponging I lifted it and replaced it in a slightly different place. I did this with several different paint colours. When I was done I had a great frame to center my photo in.
4. I even copied the technique I used for the letters in my journal in my scrapbook page. I simply drew the letters I wanted on the patterned paper and cut them out with a small border around the line. I added extra lines to make it more interesting.
5. I added rub-ons and drawn lines to may page to finish it off.
Next time you feel a need to be creative …don’t be afraid to play a little bit!!
Visit Christy on her blog – CLICK HERE